Addressing Youth Skills and Community Youth Inclusion processes to Facilitate the Next Generation of Young Community Leaders
PROGRAM / ACTION
Erasmus Plus – Cooperation partnerships in youth
MAIN TARGET GROUPS
• Young people living in rural areas in accessing volunteer opportunities within local community groups
• Community organisations in rural areas that are struggling with succession planning and transitioning of the volunteer base of the group to drive on with the next generation of community-led local development.
The project prioritises Inclusion, Diversity and Participation in Democratic Life as strategic outcomes. General Objective: Enhance through life-long learning the awareness, interest, knowledge, and participation of young people living in rural and remote areas and facing socio-economic difficulties, in civic participation and community-led local development activities, thereby contributing to community inclusion, social innovation, sustainable growth and quality economic opportunities.
The project will also engage worth existing community development organisations to understand the challenges of transition of volunteers and succession planning and the perceptions and challenges of integrating young people into the community-led structures and to develop, through codesign with groups, a toolkit to facilitate best practice in the integration of young people to community-led local development structures.
MAIN RESULTS / OUTPUTS
1. Transnational Research Report on youth knowledge of Community-Led Local Development (CLLD)
2. Training course
3. Toolkit for Youth Inclusion in Community-Led Local Development (CLLD)
4. Policy paper about innovative youth-led recommendations for addressing future community-led local development.
1. Ballyhoura Development CLG (Lead Partner) – Ireland
2. ASCAE – Italy
3. Rightchallenge – Portugal
4. Asociatia Grupul de Actiune Locala Napoca Porolissum (GAL) – Romania